Forum 1 week 1: My objectives and goals this term


Forum 1 week 1: What are my objectives for this term?

I am going to focus my story on the Our Revolution Club, because I did a story about the event that was held last term that revolved around gun safety and I think that it is important to inform students about what the club entails. My three main sources are going to be the advisers Bert Guptill, and Dr. Robert Harrison.

 I am also going to interview a student who is actively involved in The Our Revolution Club. I have yet to research the active members of the club, but I am going to be in contact with the advisers and find a student who feels passionately about the recent issues that The Our Revolution club is fighting for. The two advisers of this club are arguably LBCC's biggest advocates for current issues of interest, and they are important because they are doing what they can in order to fight for the causes they believe in. 

The questions that I want to answer in this story are: What issues are The Our Revolution Club most devoted to? What obstacles has the club had to overcome/ if any? Why is the club important, and why should students join? What do the club meetings entail? Who are the advisers? What are the upcoming events related to the club? (there was just a walkout last term) 

My nut graf is primarily going to be about the logistics of the club. This piece is going to inform students about ways that they can be more involved in politics in their community. Regardless of whether or not they are affiliated with the democratic political party or not. 

My biggest goal for this term is to just practice more and read more. I feel like I have the skills needed to be a great journalism writer. I just need to improve my craft and practice writing/editing my stories to completion. I would also like to learn more about AP style by taking notes and skimming through my AP style book whenever I have the chance. Lastly, I really want to take advantage of the story ideas that are around me everyday. I want to write about things, people, and events that I am passionate about. I think that that alone will improve the quality of my writing, because I naturally put more effort into stories if I care about what I am writing about. 







.

Comments

Popular Posts