Forum 10: My three goals for the term and if I achieved them


My three goals for the term were to practice, a lot- Learn AP style MORE- and to write about things and events that I am passionate about. While I learn more with every class I take and every story I write, I don't think I practiced and worked at it as much as I anticipated I would. This term I found myself feeling a little stuck in school and I don't think the passion was there this term. That made it a lot harder to practice and develop the motivation to work at becoming a better journalist. 

The AP style quizzes that we take every week are SO helpful. I am the type of person that really benefits from the constant lessons that the quizzes offered. I feel that I am more aware of AP style when I am writing now and that contributes to the improvement of my writing overall. Therefore yes, I totally succeeded when it comes to knowing my AP style and just becoming more conscious about it in my writing.

You can't really stop me when I feel inspired. There were a few points in the term where I was just really excited about everything. I loved being able to write the column piece that I did. The story meant a lot to me, because I thought it was relevant to what so so many of us are feeling ALL the time. I loved writing down thoughts that I felt would actually impact someones mental state and that was a great experience for me. However I have been feeling pretty uninspired lately and because of it have been doing a pretty mediocre job of writing about what I care about in this class. That alone is enough tells me that I didn't totally fail when it comes to finding inspiration in the everyday, but that I really need to focus on doing more things that make me feel inspired and motivated enough to write about.. stuff. 


Comments

Popular Posts