forum 2 week 2: Prepping for story 2

Stephen King's, "On Writing" is an amazing book full of snippets of his adolescence. I love this book after reading just the first fifty pages, because it is full of comical and sometimes disturbing instances that kind of show why he writes horror the way that he does. The anecdote for the beginning of the book is the story of his childhood, the abuse that he was shown from his nanny, and times that Stephen shared with his small family. I liked the anecdote, because I can definitely relate to some of the strange and bizarre parts about how Stephen grew up. I think a lot of us have weird but defining instances in our childhoods that help mold us into who we are. I don't think any one instance can help shape us into who we are and what we do, but I think that the events that Stephen talks about in this book are definitely moments that helped shape him into who he is today.

A quote that truly stands out to me is a quote that I have seen floating around the internet before, with valid reasoning. This quote is, "Your job isn't to find these ideas, but to recognize them when they show up." This quote inspires me a lot when it comes to reporting, because I always see stories everywhere I go. These words encourage me to write these stories down and investigate them until they are better understood and fully adapted. 

My first review story idea is "A Quiet Place", which is a film that is currently playing in the theaters. My second review idea is also a film and it is called, "Avengers: Infinity War." I am interested in "A Quiet Place," because I think the story idea is interesting. I am picking one of these two films to do my project on, because they both seem like I would have a lot to write about them. I am just going to watch the movies and do my research on both of them. I really would like to watch a lot of interviews with the casts in order to get a better feel for how they felt about the movies.


I found an NPR review of, "A Quiet Place," that went really in depth.

The review really summarized the feelings of the audiences long anticipated wait to watch, "A Quiet Place." This review was basically quoting a conversation about the movie, Which I think was a wonderful tactic on the writers part. This made the review very informal and easy to follow. What stood out most to me was that it was honest and very detailed in a way that wasn't dragging. I found this review to be sort of fun to read, and that is something that stands out compared to a lot of reviews that you see online.

I learned through this review that I need to focus on one aspect of the movie that makes the movie..What stands out about this movie to the general public. For, "A Quiet Place," it was the fact that the movie was predominantly silent. I need to draw my reader in by drawing out the audiences emotions. I also am going to focus on writing a review that is easy for any type of reader to understand. I am going to make it simple but informative and just a little sweet

# #

Comments

Popular Posts