Week 7: Forum


BLOG FORUM QUESTIONS FOR WEEK 7:

TOPIC 1: SHOOTING SPORTS -- Our guest speaker Karl Maasdam offered a variety of suggestions for shooting action and sports.

Write in detail about TWO TIPS that stood out in Karl's talk.

1-- One thing that really stood out to me about Karl's talk was that we should always try to place ourselves where nobody else is. Karl got some amazing shots that nobody else got, because he was closer and situated differently than everyone else.

2-- pay attention, there is more coming . This is something I also took away from his talk. I find myself always looking through my pictures right after I take them to see if any came out how I wanted them to. His advice is so prevalent, because I will miss important happenings if I let myself get distracted in reaction moments.


  1. For each tip describe how you can use that suggestion for your own sports/action assignment.

I will use the first suggestion in almost any assignment/ at any time, because being somewhere that nobody else is will automatically benefit the quality and uniqueness of any photography assignment that I do.

I will use the second tip to my advantage, because I will capture more reaction photos that I would have previously missed by being distracted and looking through my camera to critique my photos.


TOPIC 2: ACTION/SPORTS PHOTOS -- Now that you've got some tips on how to shoot action ...
  1. WHAT is your Sports/Action subject?
I will be shooting LBCC women's basketball

  1. WHEN and WHERE are you going to shoot it?
I will be shooting their home game on Friday Dec. 1st against blue mountain cc at 6 pm

  1. Karl talked about his approach to shooting sports/action. Your approach must include an "overall,” "medium” and a "closeup/detail” shot. While one of these can be a “sideline” shot, you must have at least one good ACTION PHOTO. List your ideas for:

    1. OVERALL -- A shot of the whole team reacting to a great play from LBCC
    2. MEDIUM -- An individual player shooting a free throw
    3. CLOSEUP/DETAIL -- a sideline reaction shot from a teammate

Comments

Popular Posts