Week 10: Blog forum

TOPIC 1: YOUR BEST PHOTOJOURNALISM -- Consider the photos you posted on your blog this term:


  1. What was the best photo you took this term? (Post a copy of your favorite!)
The best photo that I took this term was my volley-ball reaction photograph


The LBCC  women's volleyball team shares some words of encouragement in between plays. This was during the game against Lane community college on October 4th 2017. 



  1. Why did that photo stand out? This picture really just represented great photojournalism - I was able to capture a great reaction of the volley-ball girls, and I showed that I was present with my camera from the start of a really action packed play through the reaction portion as well
  2. How does it reflect what you learned in Photojournalism? it shows what I have learned, because you can see their faces, they have wonderful expressions, and it's nicely composed

  1. Think about your photo skills at the beginning of the term and now. What has changed in your ability or approach to taking and presenting photos? Give some EXAMPLES.

What has changed most of all is my approach- I have gained more confidence, and I look for faces and expression in my photography. When I took photographs before, I had more of an artistic approach to photography. I looked at it solely as a creative outlook, but now I see it as a journalist. I understand now that photography in journalism should be used in a way that displays a story that is clear and realistic to the actual event. Here is a photo from the very start of the term - I was clearly not looking for a story and you could not see her face -- these are two things that I now always avoid in my photography
Overview photograph of Lainey. She was studying in the courtyard around one o'clock 
in the afternoon. 
TOPIC 2: YOUR GOALS -- Go back to the Forum for Week 1 and you'll find your response to this prompt:

These were my original goals:
My three goals for this course are to improve my photography skills, learn how to research and observe more proficiently, and also discover things and people around me with wide eyes and an open mind.

I absolutely think that I have accomplished all three of these goals. I feel as if I have improved quite a bit in my photography, and I am more curious and motivated than ever to pay attention and photograph the people/places in the world around me. This class gave me the tools to start becoming a great photojournalist, and my hope is that I will continue to grow as a journalist with every class.

Comments

Popular Posts