Forum Post: Week 3

Topic 1. Topics for the environmental portrait and mug shot:

1. Subject 1 -- My subject is Jeanne Burrows. She is currently a MRI student and a radiology technician. Her claim to fame is her passion and determination to constantly progress and get better at what she does. She is also currently writing a young adult novel when she has time off of work. She is best known for her commitment to god and her loving and determined demeanor. -- The best environment to shoot Jeanne in will be her next to a radiology machine wearing her scrubs. A prop that would work great would be one of her books, because she is currently a student. I plan to contact her by email. She is my mothers friend and will most likely be thrilled to show me a little in depth view of what she does.

Subject 2 -- My subject is Jennt McCool. She is the current manager at Les schwab tire center in Sellwood Oregon. Her claim to fame is that she is one of very few female managers who run a Les schwab tire center in the area. I had the amazing opportunity of working under her for a summer while I was still in high school. I had the chance to talk to her while I was there and found that she was given the opportunity only because she was extremely persistent and insisted that she would work from the bottom towards the top until she had reached it. She is a truly admirable woman and stands out to me as a great role model for people during this day and age. -- The best environment to shoot Jenny in would be in the shop, and carrying a tire as if she was getting it ready to be placed. I plan to contact her through phone call.


Topic 2. Self- critique:

1. I feel as if the best photo I have taken for this class so far is --

This picture captures the emotions of the players really well. You can clearly see their expressions
and they all look engaged and expressive. The picture could have been more clear, but the faces were great and the background of the picture really captured the setting well.

https://juliahazelton.blogspot.com/2017/10/week-2-photojournalism.html

2. I feel as if the worst photo that I have taken for this class so far is --

The photo is taken at an unflattering angle. I was not close enough to her and the lighting was off.
There were smudges of light in the picture and it was not clear at all. There was not much 
depth in the photo. 


https://juliahazelton.blogspot.com/2017/09/assignment-week-1-photojournalism.html


Comments

Popular Posts